Skip to main content

Award Presentation for "Best U-Turn" in A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel

 

(Click the Image for a Clear View.)

Welcome back to A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel!!

Nominations for "Best U-Turn" in the unfolding Suspended-Release Novel, A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul" go to:

Kaylin, Radiance, Reece, and Jeff.


Excerpts for the Finalists:

Radiance- "We hadn't spoken everyday in a while.  I knew from his voice that he knew where we were.  When he arrived at my door, I could also tell by his eyes.  We hugged for a long while, then he kissed me near my ear.  I held his hand and led him to my closet.
'You'll never understand unless you see it.'  
I reassured, and when he had seen it, he quickly backed out of the space.."


Jeff- "I sat on the edge of the bed prolonging my routine.  It was definitely an end of the day type of conversation.  I knew it was bigger than lunch.  It had the feeling of a Sunday morning kind of dialogue, but I squeezed it into the middle of the week.  I knew where she was in her process, and I was hoping that my tone wouldn't suggest that I'd been meditating on coming clean all day."

... and the Award for "Best U-Turn" goes to:

Radiance Dunbar




Start A Better Pair of Shoes "The  Thinner Soul", a novel 

Book Synopsis


Coming Up: Award Presentations for "Best Landing", Best Male, Best Female, and more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message From the Author!

  (Click the Image to Open a Clear View.) "Message From the Author" Dear Reader,  Thank you for taking the time to join the release of A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel . The question of this piece is The Thinner Soul.  Is it within you?  Is it the soul without you? .. or Is it all around you?  Sometimes it's not about strait lines or circles, but rather, about the depths and the heights of our existence and how the ebbs and flow of those extremes impact the soul forever. This book follows the main character onto a journey of many loves.  Yet, with and even without each of these loves, her soul grows thinner by the sheer tug of war.  This story is a great exploration of things worth fighting for, and things worth relinquishing. It's no doubt Radiance is the central focus, and all the book's subplots remain superficial to the true scheme of things.  She remains resilient, and somewhat elusive until at last. I might also add, in thi...

Chapter 1, Camie's Secret

A Better Pair of Shoes, a novel                                                                     Chapter 1 Introduction ( narrated by Kayla) Just as we are living souls; life itself has a soul.  And there’s a heartbeat to life.  I call it the rising and the falling.  Just as we must rise, I’ve learned that we must fall.  I find that I’m grateful for the things I learn when I fall, yet I often dislike the cuts they bring and the scars they leave behind.  Today I fell, but perhaps for months I’ve been falling, and I have all the bumps and bruises to prove it.  Although they’re not visible to the eye, they are surely recorded on my soul.  It’s funny how often my spirit tried to warn me, with a bit of melancholy here and uncertainty there, but at the time, I hadn’t considered t...

Find the Author

Follow the Author of A Better Pair of Shoes . (Click the Image for a Clear View.  Download After Opening.) Join the Social Media Documentary on IG @ The Road2Wholeness Blog.  See you there!