Skip to main content

A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel- Chapter 1


(Click on the Image to Open a Clearer View)

#ABPOS "The Thinner Soul", Chp. 1

Radiance-  "Sounds like you have a bit of a thinner soul there."  It's the first and last words I heard after my latest single played for my investors.  What does one do with that kind of a comment?  Then the speculating glances between the suits.  Everyone turns into a philosopher, and you're left with a wince that doubles as a smile.  It wasn't a far fetched thought or a reckless curve.  Surely I waited 'til age forty to find out I was only thirty-nine years old.  It's a back up alright.  And just the kind of back up that gets you a wedding proposal before the official coat check.  I thought I'd missed it.  How did any of that happen?  Stupid questions; all of them, by now!  Well, if he doesn't show up by the date we set, I'm not just keeping the dress but I'm wearing the damn thing.  

Anyway, Radiance Dunbar has one last chance to make a splash.  I've already set the records.  It's got to be double or nothing, and that was my exact response to the suits.  "Double or nothing!" 

"Really Radiance?"  Those were the words I heard next.  I'm still trying to place where they came from.  Were they from the thinner soul within me, the thinner soul without me, or the thinner soul around me?  Wherever it arrived from.. my job is to sell four million records.  Ten years ago it would have been a no brainer.  Now, it will probably take some brains, but I'm still radiant and the voice is still there.  Just finding it a little hard to sum it all up, and sum it all up is where my faith begins.  Two albums later; one fell flat and one still sells.  Some of that is the security features of course, but sound bites are sound bites and puzzled looks is not what I live for.  That being said, they're in and I'm thinking of looking her up.  Until then "Death to Forty" is waiting to brace the airwaves and winner takes all.


A Better Pair of Shoes “The Thinner Soul”, a novel

Copyright 2020 by Natisha Renee Williams and Grace Call Communications, LLC
Also Known As…  #ABPOS The Thinner Soul

UnEarth!
Following UnEarth? Write your 1st Chapter Now behind me as I unviel my new Suspended-Release Novel.. A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul". Beginning this week, write 2 Chapters a week. Try Monday's and Thursday's and look for new graphics as I move along in my release. We'll celebrate after the first six chapters. Tell you how later. #ABPOS #ABPOS2020 #UnEarth #Week1


All Rights Reserved

All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.  Written permission must be secured from the author Natisha R. Williams and/or Grace Call Communications, LLC to use or reproduce any part of this book, except for brief quotation in critical reviews or articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1, Camie's Secret

A Better Pair of Shoes, a novel                                                                     Chapter 1 Introduction ( narrated by Kayla) Just as we are living souls; life itself has a soul.  And there’s a heartbeat to life.  I call it the rising and the falling.  Just as we must rise, I’ve learned that we must fall.  I find that I’m grateful for the things I learn when I fall, yet I often dislike the cuts they bring and the scars they leave behind.  Today I fell, but perhaps for months I’ve been falling, and I have all the bumps and bruises to prove it.  Although they’re not visible to the eye, they are surely recorded on my soul.  It’s funny how often my spirit tried to warn me, with a bit of melancholy here and uncertainty there, but at the time, I hadn’t considered t...

A Message From the Author!

  (Click the Image to Open a Clear View.) "Message From the Author" Dear Reader,  Thank you for taking the time to join the release of A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel . The question of this piece is The Thinner Soul.  Is it within you?  Is it the soul without you? .. or Is it all around you?  Sometimes it's not about strait lines or circles, but rather, about the depths and the heights of our existence and how the ebbs and flow of those extremes impact the soul forever. This book follows the main character onto a journey of many loves.  Yet, with and even without each of these loves, her soul grows thinner by the sheer tug of war.  This story is a great exploration of things worth fighting for, and things worth relinquishing. It's no doubt Radiance is the central focus, and all the book's subplots remain superficial to the true scheme of things.  She remains resilient, and somewhat elusive until at last. I might also add, in thi...

Find the Author

Follow the Author of A Better Pair of Shoes . (Click the Image for a Clear View.  Download After Opening.) Join the Social Media Documentary on IG @ The Road2Wholeness Blog.  See you there!