Skip to main content

A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel- Chp. 35

 

(Click the Image for a Clear View.)


#ABPOS The Thinner Soul, Chp. 35


Kaylin- I wasn't sure how it had happened, but I received a letter from Ample Sound releasing me from our diplomacy.  It was a friendly agreement that said Ample Records would continue to use my songwriting skills as long as there was no concerted effort by K-Ezra to compete with Ample Sound.  It was good for me, and I had easily signed on.  It didn't make me a business ally, but a sort of friend.  Now it wasn't clear what I would become.

I took the letter and laid it down in a pile of other things that meant I needed to run faster.  They were indications that something in the eco system of my business had changed.  These things didn't call for rest or rejuvenation, but locomotive.

My phone call to Radiance however, did required some fallback.  I'd heard about Eaton over two days ago.  It was all over the news that he was last seen in Russia where he was being held illegally by a foreign business man.  The news was that he was now missing, and family suspected he could even be dead.  It was a shocking set of circumstances that hadn't changed my resistance to him, but had brought back a bittersweet memory.  

I didn't exactly know how much of the report would be fair to react to, but I tried to think of what she might want to hear. I knew if bittersweet was to be used concerning her and Eaton, that it was certainly a different ratio to be applied.  

I'd settled on.. "Hi Radiance. I heard about Eaton. Not sure if you're connected to the matter, but I wanted to check in on you."  There was no answer.  I quickly threw off any sounds of diplomacy, and left my sincerities behind.


A Better Pair of Shoes “The Thinner Soul”, a novel

Copyright 2025 by Natisha Renee Williams and Grace Call Communications
Also Known As…  #ABPOS The Thinner Soul

All Rights Reserved

All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.  Written permission must be secured from the author Natisha R. Williams and/or Grace Call Communications to use or reproduce any part of this book, except for brief quotation in critical reviews or articles.


UnEarth!
Following UnEarth? Pick up the squares on the Blog for a walk through on how to UnEarth a Suspended-Release Novel. Post includes: Copyrighting, Branding, Step-by-Step Promoting Queues, and more. Begin with the green square that says Step 1.

Coming up in UnEarth: "Message From the Author".
#ABPOS2025 #ABPOS_TTS #UnEarthwithMe #UnEarth2025

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1, Camie's Secret

A Better Pair of Shoes, a novel                                                                     Chapter 1 Introduction ( narrated by Kayla) Just as we are living souls; life itself has a soul.  And there’s a heartbeat to life.  I call it the rising and the falling.  Just as we must rise, I’ve learned that we must fall.  I find that I’m grateful for the things I learn when I fall, yet I often dislike the cuts they bring and the scars they leave behind.  Today I fell, but perhaps for months I’ve been falling, and I have all the bumps and bruises to prove it.  Although they’re not visible to the eye, they are surely recorded on my soul.  It’s funny how often my spirit tried to warn me, with a bit of melancholy here and uncertainty there, but at the time, I hadn’t considered t...

A Message From the Author!

  (Click the Image to Open a Clear View.) "Message From the Author" Dear Reader,  Thank you for taking the time to join the release of A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel . The question of this piece is The Thinner Soul.  Is it within you?  Is it the soul without you? .. or Is it all around you?  Sometimes it's not about strait lines or circles, but rather, about the depths and the heights of our existence and how the ebbs and flow of those extremes impact the soul forever. This book follows the main character onto a journey of many loves.  Yet, with and even without each of these loves, her soul grows thinner by the sheer tug of war.  This story is a great exploration of things worth fighting for, and things worth relinquishing. It's no doubt Radiance is the central focus, and all the book's subplots remain superficial to the true scheme of things.  She remains resilient, and somewhat elusive until at last. I might also add, in thi...

Find the Author

Follow the Author of A Better Pair of Shoes . (Click the Image for a Clear View.  Download After Opening.) Join the Social Media Documentary on IG @ The Road2Wholeness Blog.  See you there!