Skip to main content

A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel- Chp. 15

(Click on the Image to Open a Clear View.)


#ABPOS The Thinner Soul, Chp. 15


Monica Shepherd- I thought about Radiance's song practically all night.  I didn't know why I was following her career so closely, but I had all of her releases and played them often.  They didn't disturb my senses, and I found that I could even play her while I was painted.  It's the thoughtfulness in her lyrics, and the way she lends herself to the role of being the main character.  She simply has a real draw about her.  

I was also thinking about the questions about the Dunbar name that came up, and the dark areas.  I constantly wondered if he would return again with more questions.  Although they seldom did, unless they were tied to something really important.  I'd never met Radiance, but after hearing her newest song, I thought perhaps I would see one of her concerts.  Afterall she was a true artist like me.

I went a step further in my questioning, and planned a visit to a University library I knew of where there's all kinds of information you don't expect to be there.  I thought to do a little research on the Dunbar name.  Maybe I would find something more to point to if he ever showed up again. 

When I got there, it was a quiet day.  I didn't ask to be led, but instead, I allowed my instincts to roam and see if there were any other biases leading me.  I eventually landed with several dictionaries of surnames, and I got swept up in all the family tree records.  There was nothing on Dunbar, but I wasn't dissuaded.  There was much one could assume safely, but I could judge he was apart of a high stakes game, and I wanted to have something riveting in my arsenal of truths.  So, I kept looking.


A Better Pair of Shoes “The Thinner Soul”, a novel

Copyright 2025 by Natisha R. Williams and Grace Call Communications
Also Known As…  #ABPOS The Thinner Soul


All Rights Reserved

All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.  Written permission must be secured from the author Natisha R. Williams and/or Grace Call Communications to use or reproduce any part of this book, except for brief quotation in critical reviews or articles.


UnEarth!
Following UnEarth? Pick up the squares on the Blog for a walk through on how to UnEarth a Suspended-Release Novel. Post includes: Copyrighting, Branding, Step-by-Step Promoting Queues, and more. Begin with the green square that says Step 1.

Coming up in UnEarth is The Awards Ceremony.
#ABPOS2025 #ABPOS_TTS #UnEarthwithMe #UnEarth2025

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1, Camie's Secret

A Better Pair of Shoes, a novel                                                                     Chapter 1 Introduction ( narrated by Kayla) Just as we are living souls; life itself has a soul.  And there’s a heartbeat to life.  I call it the rising and the falling.  Just as we must rise, I’ve learned that we must fall.  I find that I’m grateful for the things I learn when I fall, yet I often dislike the cuts they bring and the scars they leave behind.  Today I fell, but perhaps for months I’ve been falling, and I have all the bumps and bruises to prove it.  Although they’re not visible to the eye, they are surely recorded on my soul.  It’s funny how often my spirit tried to warn me, with a bit of melancholy here and uncertainty there, but at the time, I hadn’t considered t...

A Message From the Author!

  (Click the Image to Open a Clear View.) "Message From the Author" Dear Reader,  Thank you for taking the time to join the release of A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel . The question of this piece is The Thinner Soul.  Is it within you?  Is it the soul without you? .. or Is it all around you?  Sometimes it's not about strait lines or circles, but rather, about the depths and the heights of our existence and how the ebbs and flow of those extremes impact the soul forever. This book follows the main character onto a journey of many loves.  Yet, with and even without each of these loves, her soul grows thinner by the sheer tug of war.  This story is a great exploration of things worth fighting for, and things worth relinquishing. It's no doubt Radiance is the central focus, and all the book's subplots remain superficial to the true scheme of things.  She remains resilient, and somewhat elusive until at last. I might also add, in thi...

Find the Author

Follow the Author of A Better Pair of Shoes . (Click the Image for a Clear View.  Download After Opening.) Join the Social Media Documentary on IG @ The Road2Wholeness Blog.  See you there!