Skip to main content

Beyond A Better Pair of Shoes


Renegotiating Kaylin
by NaTisha R. Williams


A Backdrop and Synopsis- The year was 2006.  A new novel; the first for author NaTisha R. Williams would enter the much crowded world of literature.  Just like a baby.  However, it would have substantial meaning to those close to the author, and those soon to read it.  The title was Renegotiating Kayla.  The subject?  To many it appeared to be child sexual abuse.  To others, a girlfriend’s confessional or a look inside the misleading lives of four hard to forget characters, but no!  The subject was and still is, just as the title would indicate, “negotiation”.  Now thirteen years later, after a delayed ground-breaking, and a dazzling unfolding of the story, the author returns to renegotiate the inner life of the delicate and yet alluring breakaway star of The Decks and the Road Novel Series, Kaylin Johnson.

Her mother is dead.  Her father is in prison.  Yet, she’s no orphan.  Kaylin is sandwiched between two hugely influential siblings and may appear to be somewhat of a celebrity.  To add to the comforts they provide she keeps a tight grip on the largest pieces of the jigsaw her mother left behind of her own faded fame.  Still, there’s an elephant in the room of Kaylin’s personal life and she’s began to take on its image.   

Join the author and Grace Call Communications, LLC this February for the Suspended-Release of the last novel in The Decks and the Road Novel Series, “Renegotiating Kaylin”.  Fans of the series will uncover the truth about Kaylin’s past, as fans of Renegotiating Kayla await moments of nostalgia.  Find out which series characters will show up to support this installment and whether any new characters will be introduced by following the lead into the novel release beginning on Feb. 8th at thedecksandtheroad.blogspot.com

Enjoy the Start of an Epic Tale in Renegotiating Kaylin this Valentine’s Day!



Start The Decks and the Road Novel Series:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message From the Author!

  (Click the Image to Open a Clear View.) "Message From the Author" Dear Reader,  Thank you for taking the time to join the release of A Better Pair of Shoes "The Thinner Soul", a novel . The question of this piece is The Thinner Soul.  Is it within you?  Is it the soul without you? .. or Is it all around you?  Sometimes it's not about strait lines or circles, but rather, about the depths and the heights of our existence and how the ebbs and flow of those extremes impact the soul forever. This book follows the main character onto a journey of many loves.  Yet, with and even without each of these loves, her soul grows thinner by the sheer tug of war.  This story is a great exploration of things worth fighting for, and things worth relinquishing. It's no doubt Radiance is the central focus, and all the book's subplots remain superficial to the true scheme of things.  She remains resilient, and somewhat elusive until at last. I might also add, in thi...

Chapter 1, Camie's Secret

A Better Pair of Shoes, a novel                                                                     Chapter 1 Introduction ( narrated by Kayla) Just as we are living souls; life itself has a soul.  And there’s a heartbeat to life.  I call it the rising and the falling.  Just as we must rise, I’ve learned that we must fall.  I find that I’m grateful for the things I learn when I fall, yet I often dislike the cuts they bring and the scars they leave behind.  Today I fell, but perhaps for months I’ve been falling, and I have all the bumps and bruises to prove it.  Although they’re not visible to the eye, they are surely recorded on my soul.  It’s funny how often my spirit tried to warn me, with a bit of melancholy here and uncertainty there, but at the time, I hadn’t considered t...

Find the Author

Follow the Author of A Better Pair of Shoes . (Click the Image for a Clear View.  Download After Opening.) Join the Social Media Documentary on IG @ The Road2Wholeness Blog.  See you there!